Message from Snowline:
This resource list was created with the intention of providing useful information on available food resources during the COVID-19 crisis. With at-risk populations being urged to stay at home, we recognize that some may struggle with getting adequate food and supplies. For additional assistance, please contact Snowline so we can support you and keep you safe at home.
Please Note: Snowline assumed no responsibility for the quality of services or costs involved with any of the entities outlined in this guide. Additionally, this does not represent a complete list of resources available in your community, and additional resources may be provided by your social worker. It is recommended that you complete your own screening with each entity prior to providing them with any of your private information.
Food banks receive donations from other non-profits, food retailers, manufacturers, growers, producers and the USDA Food banks collect, weigh, sort, pack, and distribute food to various community partners. These partners serve by operating as a distribution site where community members in need can visit during specific days and times to pick up food, and often, other essential supplies. Please call the food bank to confirm distribution site and schedule. The food/resource pick up line will be similar to a drive through.
El Dorado County:
Phone number: 530-621-9950
Senior Program Details: www.sacramentofoodbank.org/food-for-seniors
Phone number: 916-456-1980
Phone number: 916-783-0481
Upcoming Free Produce Distribution:
Where: Markham Middle School’s blacktop at 2800 Moulton Drive, Placerville
When: 4/17, 5/15 from 4:00 p.m.-5:30 p.m.
MEALS ON WHEELS
All dining hall locations for all counties are closed at this time. Program requirement include being 60+ years in age and homebound. A small donation is recommended to support MOW programs, but no one is ever turned away for an inability to pay. Fresh and frozen meal options are available at this time.
El Dorado County:
Phone number: 530-621-6160
Phone number: 916-444-9533
*From website: “Because our program is currently at capacity, we are unable to accept new Meals on Wheels participants until further notice.”
Phone Number: (530) 878-5718
ASSISTANCE WITH SHOPPING
Connect Invisible Hands – 916-928-2422
New non-profit that arose in response to the pandemic. Sacramento based group that will do shopping for at-risk populations. Those in need of a delivery should call: 916-928-2422. This non-profit has some funds through donations and can provide essentials to those with an inability to pay. They also expressed a willingness to deliver to Placer and El Dorado Counties, though they are based in Sacramento.
Khalsa Aid – 916-865-7750
Khalsa Aid is a global humanitarian relief organization. This non-profit has a base of young volunteers from the Sikh community who are serving those in need by shopping and delivering groceries. Please call 916-865-7750, you will probably need to leave a message. This non-profit has some funds through donations and can provide essentials to those with an inability to pay. Based in Sacramento County, but organization representative Omar Singh expressed that he could likely find volunteers to deliver to Placer or El Dorado County.
SENIOR SHOPPING HOURS
Most grocery stores are offering early morning “senior shopping hours” weekly, where seniors and other immunocompromised individuals can be the first shoppers in the store to reduce their chances of exposure to COVID19. Please call your preferred grocer to confirm day and time, as the schedule below may change:
- Nugget Market – statewide – Tuesday & Thursday from 6am-8am
- Forklift – Cameron Park – Tuesday & Thursday from 6am-8am
- Safeway – nationwide – Tuesday & Thursday 6am-9am
- Walmart – nationwide – Tuesday from 6am-7am
- Costco – nationwide – Tuesday & Thursday from 8am-9am
- Albertsons – nationwide – Tuesday & Thursday from 7am-9am
GROCERS/RESTAURANTS OFFERING ESSENTIAL PACKS/PREPARED MEALS
We recommend calling specific store location prior to traveling to store for pick-up to confirm that bags are still available that day. If you do not want to go inside the store, you can park in an E-Cart spot and call the store to request that they bring a bag out to your car.
- Placerville Location: 530-622-6800
- Roseville (Woodcreek Oaks Blvd) Location: 916-771-0880
- Sacramento (Freeport Blvd) Location: 916-452-6861
- $20 essentials bag: Contains a mix of fresh items and pantry staples. (Oatmeal, soup, tuna, peanut butter, pinto/kidney/garbanzo beans, diced/stewed tomatoes, canned fruit, instant mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, pasta, pasta sauce, bananas, oranges, apples, potatoes, breakfast sausage roll)
- $35 prepped meals bag: 1 each of Chicken Alfredo, Mac & Cheese, Chicken Enchilada with Verde Sauce, Chicken Tortilla Soup, Chicken Noodle Soup, and Sacramento Soup dinners, 2 Fresh Green Salads and 4 Blueberry Muffins.
Lazy Dog Restaurant
Restaurant offering a $40 home essentials package for pick-up only. Comes with chicken, eggs, milk, bread, butter, rice, onions, red potatoes, carrots and 3 rolls of toilet paper. Please call restaurant to place order for same-day pickup.
- Also offering a “Backyard BBQ Kit”, “Brunch Kit” and “Pizza Night Kit”.
- Folsom Location: 300 Palladio Pkwy. Folsom, CA 95630 - Phone: 916-378-4660
- Roseville Location: 238 Gibson Drive, Roseville, CA 95678 - Phone: 916-727-6321
Upper Room Dining Hall
The Upper Room has been providing free meals to the hungry people of El Dorado County since 2002. They serve all persons regardless of race, religion, gender, income, or age 365 days a year. We are a non-profit (501.c3) charity that partners with more than 16 different faith based and civic organizations in the local community.
- 1868 Broadway, Placerville, CA 95667 – 530-497-5146
- Take out dinners available daily from 4pm-5:30pm
- Freshly cooked, heat-and-eat entrees and salads. Produce mix depends upon availability.
GENERAL SHOPPING/ONLINE GROCERS
- About: Online shopping service. Select from wide variety of items in online store. Instacart employee receives order, goes to grocery store or stores to gather items and deliver to residence. Also available as an app.
- Website: https://www.instacart.com/
- Service Area: Available in Sacramento, Placer, and some of El Dorado County.
- Phone: (877) 505-4040
- Website: www.shop.safeway.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Services offered: Home delivery of chosen brand(s) of groceries from virtual grocery store
- Fee: Depends on time slot and order size, from $6.95-$12.95.
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Debit cards with Visa or MasterCard
- Orders: Online only
- Other information: Minimum order is $49. Orders may be placed 3 weeks in advance. Select delivery time available for desired dates. Orders can be tailored to suit personal preferences (ex: firm tomatoes, thick cut deli meat, etc.) by using the “Request to your personal shopper” feature.
- Phone: (888) 724-9267
- Website: www.schwans.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Services offered: Home delivery of frozen foods, also ships orders.
- Must call first to confirm your area is serviced.
- Fee: $1.75 delivery fee, $14.95 mail order fee or $4.95 mail order fee for orders that are $100. or higher.
- Payment: Cash, Check, Credit card, EBT card, Schwan’s Debit Card
- Orders: Straight from the delivery truck, phone, fax, email or online. Suggested order placement at least 3 days in advance to reserve product.
- Other information: Schwan’s offers 350 items, including meat and fish, appetizers, desserts, sides, and complete meals. Offices are located throughout the area. Delivery trucks visit homes as often as every two weeks, at a convenient time and payment is made upon delivery.
- Phone: (916) 443-6881 Contact Dave
- Website: www.taylorsmarket.com
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Address: 2900 Freeport Blvd.
- Sacramento, CA 95818
- Services offered: Home delivery of groceries and other in-store items primarily to Land Park, Curtis Park, Hollywood Park, and Midtown. Also ships to various locations.
- Fee: $7.00 – No minimum order
- Payment: Cash, check or credit card
- Orders: Phone, fax, or e-mail
- Other information: Specialty and gourmet market. Before placing initial order, contact Dave to provide delivery information and to request a products list. Deliveries are made between 9AM to 1PM on Fridays only, so please place orders before %PM on Thursday prior to requested delivery date. Taylor’s does not deliver during weeks of major holidays.
ONLINE GROCERS THAT ACCEPT EBT/SNAP
- Walmart – www.walmart.com/grocery
- Amazon Fresh – https://www.amazon.com/AmazonFresh/
- Safeway – www.shop.safeway.com
- EBT/SNAP program recently piloted. Statement released on website:
- “Any person with a disability who uses EBT benefits and needs to use Safeway home grocery delivery service, please call 1-877-505-4040 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org”
Local Home Grocery & Pharmacy
El Dorado Transit will temporarily offer home grocery and pharmacy delivery service starting Monday, April 13, 2020. This service is available to all El Dorado Transit Dial-A-Ride customers. No fare is required for customers to use this service.
El Dorado Transit is temporarily offering this service during the COVID-19 state of emergency to provide Dial-A-Ride customers with food and pharmacy delivery options that don't require leaving home.
El Dorado Transit Dial-A-Ride drivers will deliver items to the customer's front door. Customers must be at 1he drop-off location to receive the order as the drivers will not leave items unattended. Customers will be required 10 place their order at the grocery store or pharmacy before contacting El Dorado Transit to schedule the delivery.
Customers interested in using grocery and pharmacy pickup service should note the following:
- They must call or go on line themselves to set up an order and pickup Lime from a participating vendor and be sure they will allow El Dorado Transit Dial-A-Ride drivers to pick the items up for you.
- Orders may be on board a vehicle for over an extended time period. We advise you to refrain from ordering frozen and quickly perishable hems. El Dorado Transit is nor responsible for the reimbursement or replacement of items that are damaged or spoiled.
- Once an order has been made and a scheduled pickup time has been established, call the Dial-A-Ride reservation phone line at (530) 642-3696 and reserve a trip for your items to be picked up.
- Calls to schedule grocery and pharmacy pickup trips can be made same-day or in advance. Reservations staff must have the address where 1he items need to be picked up, as well as the scheduled date and pickup time.
- Drivers cannot step inside homes. If a front door is not visible from the curb, please provide a contact phone number so you can be notified when rhe driver has arrived. Please note the time provided when your grocery delivery is scheduled.
Thank you so much for the support you gave me while I experienced unimaginable grief.
I was surrounded by caring friends who knew the experience. Because of Snowline, I know there is life again.
Thank you to all the staff.