5 Wishes Presentation | Advance Care Planning Workshop
Feb 17th at Ponte Palmero
Advance care planning is the practice of making decisions about the care you would want to receive if you become unable to speak for yourself.
This workshop will focus on the importance of completing an Advance Health Care Directive, with an emphasis on the 5 Wishes Advance Care Directive.
Along with a 5 Wishes Advance Care Directive form, participants will walk away from this workshop with a better understanding of what their personal goals of care and wishes are, and the ability to start the advance care planning conversation with their family and loved ones.
Light Refreshments Provided
Contact Brenda or Rachel at:
Getting through the holidays
Grief and the holidays
The holiday season can be particularly difficult for people who are grieving. As the whole world seems wrapped up with joy and frivolity, the bereaved person can feel out of place.
Snowline's Bereavement Team has gathered ideas to help bereaved individuals make the holidays a bit more manageable. Many of the these suggestions are based on experiences of other bereaved persons. Download Checklist >
- Understand and communicate to those around you that this year is different as a result of your loss. You will exhaust yourself if you try to pretend nothing has changed.
- Decide how much of your normal holiday routine you feel up to doing this year. It is okay to alter you traditions. Review the attached checklist for ideas on specific tasks.
- Consider having a family meeting to discuss your wishes and plans as well as theirs. Remember that if others are grieving they will have ways in which they want to handle things too. Try to respect one another's ideas and be gentle with each other. Let children and teens find a way to participate.
- Decide how you would like to honor your loved one's life during the holidays. Create a special place with the person's picture, memorable objects, tree branches, candles, or other special touches. Light a candle in this place or wherever the family is gathered as a symbol of your love and memories.
- Some people find volunteer work satisfying; others make donations or buy gifts for other in their loved one's name. These kinds of giving can be very satisfying and healing.
- Allow yourself time to think about and to acknowledge your feelings. It is important to pace yourself during the holidays—finding a balance between time alone and time with others. Decide which social engagements you want to attend then savor the time that you choose to be alone with your thoughts and memories.
- Plan something to look forward to after the new year begins. This may help lessen the post-holiday letdown and will be a way to focus on the future.
- Remember that some people prefer to do something very different, like traveling during the holidays, while others prefer to preserve tradition. Do whatever you think will work for you.
The Map of My Grief
We want to thank Elaine Schaefer Hudson for showing her work in our Sacramento office. One particular piece has captivated us and is titled "Journey - The Map of My Grief". Truly, a beautiful piece that resonates with us and we wanted to share.
"Using both the physical presence of language, and the visceral blending of color and image, I am tracing my path of a deeply personal journey though the world of grief.
As a recent widow, I found myself in a place that was so foreign, so unfamiliar, that there was no way to find my bearings. These paintings mark my path from one moment to the next, finding my way home. They also celebrate an emergence from a creative null zone: both daunting and exciting."
Thank you Elaine and we hope you continue to stay strong on your personal journey.
Light A Life 2018
Reflect - Honor - Renew
Introducing the 2018 Light A Life Keepsake Ornament
Each ornament is engraved with your loved ones name.
A gift of $75.00 will secure your ornament. There are limited quantities.
If we have any questions, we will call you before we submit your ornament for engraving.
Thank you for your support,
|Diamond Springs Office||Sunday, December 2nd||2 PM|
|Sacramento Office||Thursday, January 10th||4 PM|
THANK YOU TO OUR GENEROUS 2018 LIGHT A LIFE SPONSORS!
Please email Rene Hamlin if you are interested in sponsoring!
El Dorado Savings Bank
Round Up for Veterans Fundraiser
Supporting Local El Dorado County Veterans
From September 3 to September 24, all round ups collected will be donated to Salute to Valor! Salute to Valor provides amazing benefits to our local El Dorado County veterans and their families, including:
- Post-Traumatic Stress counseling and therapy
- Homelessness prevention and job assistance and veteran families in distress
- Food, housing, and counseling to military
- Additional care near end-of-life
- Educational assistance
- And more!
Snowline is proud to be a sponsor of the Salute to Valor program which benefits local El Dorado County Veterans Alliance groups. To gather donations, Snowline Thrift Stores will host a Round Up fundraising campaign throughout September.
The donations raised will help several causes Salute to Valor supports including: veterans on hospice care, El Dorado County Veterans Alliance Welcome Home Fund, and providing counseling and family assistance to county law enforcement officers.
For more information or to donate, visit your local Snowline Thrift Store.